Thursday 12 April 2018

Another week...

I am so thankful that it is nearing the end of the week and that I am feeling so much better than I was at the start. Praise the Lord. The bilharzia /snail fever surfaced again but that's me finished my medication now so let's pray these little snails don't return!

Despite lying low on Sunday I have managed to still operate this week... just at a slower pace.

On Friday I enjoyed a visit to the village with Isaac and his family to see his mother. It is always a blessing to spend time with them as they are so good to me.

On Saturday I checked in with Zalika, Dennis and Brendah(my aunt and uncle's sponsor). So it was a sociable day. Considering Dennis had only been at the welding workshop for a matter of days he was coping remarkably well. Let's pray this continues. I hope to check in with him again tomorrow to encourage him.

On Sunday I lay low the whole day which is not like me, but the medication for the bilharzia doesn't seem to like me so much. I thank my mum, dad and sister for their encouragement and love when I was feeling at my lowest. Maama even offered to come out - bless her. I could not ask for a more supportive and loving family, even though we are miles apart. The photos that lottie and Jamie send me daily with the Facebook filters always make me chuckle!

Healing hearts is well under way at the local primary school. I have two groups. Please pray for two children in particular... Victoria and George.  Both very British names!  They do have Ugandan ones too... Which I probably can't spell! These two children really opened up to me, individually after the sessions. Victoria sobbed as she told me about the death of her father and her siblings and begged to come and stay with me. George told me how his stepmother treats him badly and he feels unloved. It is a privilege that these children feel able to confide in me, but it is also such a challenge. I assured them that I would share their stories with my friends so we could all pray and remember them together.

Despite feeling rough on Tuesday morning I made it to Katwe slum to spend time with the teenage girls and their babies. These girls have experienced so much and it is hard to know how best to support them. But I just pray that by spending time with them, chatting and painting their nails that they would know they are loved.

This morning I was back in Katwe slum and had the privilege of sitting and chatting with three teenagers, named Okello, Mercy and Joseph. Please pray for Mercy in particular, a thirteen year old year girl, who prostitutes herself daily, 25p a go. Is heartbreaking. Pray she would know she is worth so much more. She was delighted, bless her, when I offered to paint her nails for her. But this is not going to save her. She needs so much more.

This afternoon I have another luganda lesson. Please pray that some of it would stick. I long to be able to understand and communicate more with people.... But appreciate this will take a long time!!!

I am also going to go and check on Fred this afternoon. Life is a continual challenge for him. I pray that I would be patient and loving with him.

Thank you once again to everyone back home for their continual prayers, love and support... I could do nothing without it, so you are very much part of it.


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment