Friday 23 March 2018

Another week....another blog...


I hope this update finds you all well.

This week has been a bit different, as I have been busying myself with different things.
On Saturday we went back to Kayunga district to visit friends of Desana, deep in the bush.  Two of the board members for Desana were over from the states, so it was good to meet them and chat on the long car journey – as well as nap! It was lovely to see the people in the small settlement again.  One of the girls who I mentioned from my last visit, Irene, proudly handed me a bag of avocadoes.  I offered to buy them from here, but she was adamant that they should be a gift.  It is so humbling when people who have so little materially want to give and share.  We can learn so much from them.

On Sunday I went to visit some of the old RUHU kids in boarding school.  They were so appreciative and we laughed so much together.  They are such a sweet group of kids.  On Sunday I also went to visit Zalika’s family.  The house is now completely finished and Sunday was moving in day – so it was very appropriate that I had taken cake, ice cream and soda to celebrate.  

On Monday I visited three different boarding schools to pass on my love to old RUHU kids and encourage them with some goodie bags.  I am thankful that all of these schools allowed me to enter and spend a few minutes with the kids – some of these schools are so hard to get into and have the most ridiculous rules! I have some stories to tell when I get back.  

On Monday I was also able to visit the savings group that my friend Brian and I set up during my last trip.  It is encouraging to know that this group of around 12 people are meeting weekly to save money, have a bible study and learn some lessons in business.  

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Uncle Isaac and I continued to visit RUHU kids in various boarding schools.  I feel like we have covered a fair few miles on the boda this week.  But praise God for keeping us safe.  The three boys at Winsa Primary could not have been sweeter and the Head teacher could not have been nicer.  I said to the boys that I wasn’t sure if the stuff that I had packed in their goodie bags was what they required...but one of the boys, Rama, said the bags were simply a miracle!  Bless him.  When I offered to pray for them before leaving, the boys were insistent that they pray for me.  These boys are so sweet, I thank God for them.    

I was able to spend time with the Sweazy’s beautiful children on Wednesday afternoon.  We had fun making masks together, and like the boys at the shelter, they too then proceeded to run around the compound pretending to be superheroes.  I got some lovely cuddles during the prayer meeting on Wednesday evening, at their house, from their lovely daughter Ava who sat on my knee.  This family are such a blessing to me.

Yesterday I had the privilege of attending an English class for south Sudanese refugees.  This was lead by a lovely American Lady, Dory, who is a member of the Sweazy’s church.  It was fascinating and the ladies could not have been more welcoming.  At the end of the class, one of the older ladies hugged me and said that I was her daughter.  Bless her.  So I now have a South Sudanese mama as well.  

Thank you so much to all of you who are faithfully continuing to remember me.  Thank you also to those of you who gave me financial gifts before I left – your money has been used this week to buy numerous loaves of bread, packets of biscuits, bars of soap, bags of sugar, bottles of juice and bits and bobs for the kids in boarding. It has also contributed towards petrol money as we have travelled a fair bit this week visiting all these different kids.  Thank you!

I feel I ramble and ramble, I would love to hear your news from home also and know if there is anything I can be praying for, for you guys.
Ruthie x


No comments:

Post a Comment