Thursday 19 January 2017

“Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.” Matt 17:10







Firstly, apologies for the lack of communication since arriving, the internet has been down!
So when I left home it was snowing and now I am sitting here typing in the sweltering heat, it seems much hotter than when I normally come in the summer.  I am not sure if it is a particularly hot time or whether it is the contrast from home! 

Prior to leaving I was concerned about my luggage being overweight.  However, the lady who checked in my baggage overlooked my 1.5 kg excess and didn’t even weigh my cabin bag, which was 13kg, as opposed to the allocated 7Kg.  Thankful for your prayers!  Also thankful for the people on the aircraft who helped me lift my bag up and down from the over head lockers! Those of you who know me well will know that I really dislike flying, so I appreciate your prayers greatly.  The airline staff could not have been kinder to me!  I arrived to find Uncle Patrick waiting at the airport for me and was thankful when my two feet were back on the ground! 

I was able to visit both the boys’ home and the girls’ home upon arriving.  The children are on holiday just now, so they are all around.  Was lovely to see lots of familiar faces and meet lots of new faces.  Was also lovely to see children in the boys’ home who had transitioned from The Village of Hope, that I had met in the summer.  

In terms of the structure, for those of you who are unaware, RUHU works with street children in the slums, providing a feeding program and general medical care.  The first stop for the children is the half way house within the slums, followed by The Village of Hope (for rehabilitation), and followed by the boys’/girls’ homes.  

This precious little one here was at The Village of Hope in the summer, but has now progressed to boys’ home. 


It has also been wonderful to hear that one of the little boys who I have known and met on the streets for the last three summers is now in the half way house and is no longer taking drugs! This is massive answer to prayer.  I know many of you have been praying for him, so thank you so much! 
Picture from summer....have not yet seen him, but cannot wait!

I have also been able to visit one of the children who is part of the program, but is currently living at home.  He has quite significant mental health issues at present and is currently receiving treatment.  Many of you will know who I am talking about, as many of you have prayed consistently for this dear boy.  It was lovely to be reunited with him, but he is really struggling just now in terms of mood, so please continue to pray for him. Whilst he has made progress, he is still struggling somewhat.  
Please pray for this dear boy

I have been able to enjoy spending time with the children at the boys’ and girls’ homes; fellowshipping, washing clothes, watching them play football, designing masks, having my hair done, having massage, listening to music, chatting.....
It is a joy and a pleasure to spend time with them and they bless me in so many ways – though I am not convinced I would recommend their hair styling services or massage services, as they are somewhat rough!!!

Praise
-          For safe arrival and a lovely welcome!
-          For the fantastic work that RUHU are doing, they are expanding and developing.
-          For the little boy who is now in the half way house and for the little boy who has transitioned to boys’ home.

Please pray
-          For the dear boy who continues to struggle with mental health issues, also please pray that I would be patient and strong, it is going to be a long journey!
-          That I would be a shining light in this place, showing the children something of the love that God has for them and caring for them in practical ways.
-          For Uncle Patrick and Daddy William, they are both incredibly busy – pray for strength, guidance and wisdom with regards to all the hard decisions they have to make on a daily basis.

I have purposely not used the children’s names, as you never know how this blog may be shared.  However, should you wish more information, please speak to my mother or father and they will be able to give it to you.

Some pictures to finish...



10 comments:

  1. Lovely to see pics and hear about the answers to prayers love and god bless mum XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a strong man to put your hand luggage up in the locker. Was wondering how you were going to cope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear news of your trip so far and to see photos of the children. You can't fail to smile when you see their faces. Praying on for you Ruth and all involved. Lots of love Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you Ruth. Glad the travels went well. Holding the boys you mentioned in prayer. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear the flight was okay and the arline looked over your excess badage.

    It is lovely that you can see the fruits of the work of RUHU and your long term support of the organisation. So pleased to hear that the child we've been praying for is on the road to recovery.

    What a varied time you are having! Praying for strength and patience as you serve God.

    ReplyDelete