Wednesday 11 January 2017

Getting ready to depart for Uganda!

So tomorrow evening I will be heading off to Uganda until the end of March.  My suitcase is packed, but I can barely lift it!  Praying that whoever checks in my baggage is compassionate and gracious, even if I am a wee bit over, as the excess baggage fees are ridiculous. We have tried to squeeze in as many school resources and medical supplies, for the slums, as possible.  Mother has been a good help in terms of packing and repacking....whilst father has been good at weighing and re-weighing! 
 In the above picture you will see 'Sparky' the bear sitting next to my case.  This bear was kindly given to me by the boys and girls in my Sunday School group.  The plan is that I will take pictures of Sparky doing various things in Uganda and will record some of my experiences, from his point of view, and share them with the children in our Sunday School, upon returning. 

At present I am not entirely sure what I will be involved in on a daily basis, but will keep you in the loop.  Activities will probably involve; teaching in the the RUHU school, fellowshipping with the children at the Boys and Girls Homes, spending time with the children out at the Village of Hope, Slum outreach, possibly a bit of homeschooling for a lovely American family that are based out in Uganda with their eight beautiful children - five of which are Ugandan children that they are currently fostering, with the view to adopt.  I also hope to spend some time with one of the boys on the RUHU program who has been unwell and has missed a lot of his schooling, doing some catch up stuff!

I am thankful that I have been able to spend a lovely time with family and friends over Christmas, before I head off.  I will miss them all greatly, but am confident this is where the Lord is leading me for this season.  I am thankful that my friends and family have been so supportive, your love, prayers and financial support mean so much to me. 
 Getting in some cuddles with baby Jamie before heading off! 
Was lovely to spend time together celebrating Lottie's birthday before heading off!
   So thankful to Maama and Tatta ( as they say in Uganda) for their love and support!

A little Bible verse that has been a great encouragement to me and will hopefully encourage you too - Psalm 139 v5 - 'You go before me and you follow me.  You place your hand of blessing on my head.'

Please keep me up to date with your news whilst I am away too.  I hope to be able to get online fairly regularly.

Finally.....
Some people seem to have been having trouble commenting on my blog.  A few friends have mentioned commenting, but I have not been able to view their comments....as you know I am not technical in the slightest....but think you may need to use your google account to comment?  If I don't respond to your comment please don't think me rude, as I may not have received it! 

Ruth x 




6 comments:

  1. I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
    Romans 15:13
    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you journey tomorrow. Love the picture of Sparky packed and ready to go. Will show it to the kids on Sunday😊 Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a worthwhile opportunity to invest yourself in. Your faith and focus on God through out it all is encouraging. I also like the teddy idea, spot the teacher, the children will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No credit taken re teddy idea....a gift from the Sunday school kids! X kids have been loving it though x

    ReplyDelete