Sunday 29 January 2017

We have power! Physically and Spiritually!





So thankful to have power!  It is Sunday evening just now and the electricity has been off since Friday evening.  Is such a blessing! Plan is to have a warm shower after updating blog, will be helpful to see in the light whether I have managed to remove the grime and dust from the last few days!

Was out visiting lovely American friends this evening, who are based out here long term.   The weather has been somewhat cooler today; it rained in the night and early this morning.  I actually kept my cardigan on until 2pm, which is a record!  Hands clearly a lot cooler and less swollen....my ring slipped off my finger on my boda ride home this evening and I lost it.  However, I am thankful that it was not a limb that I lost....boda rides in the dark can be somewhat hairy; and tonight the traffic was especially crazy!  Safety is certainly something to be thankful for.


Thank you so much to all for your prayers and kind words for Agnes.  She is miles better now and had a great time when I took all the kids swimming on Saturday.  



Thank you to those of you who gave so generously, in terms of finances.  I was able to use this money to treat the children living in the boys home/girls home and safe house to swimming.  As you can see you helped to bring smiles to the faces of many yesterday! Many of them cannot actually swim, but they don’t let this hold them back! Will show you the videos when I return – is somewhat wild in the pool to put it mildly, but they had a blast and were very appreciative.
Meddie and Abdul                  Trevor and Auntie Ruth

Those of you who know Fred, please continue to lift him up.  There is just so much going on just now for him....please speak to maama for more information, if you are interested.
The lovely Fred


This week has been super busy.  I feel like I have spent quite a bit of it in various different hospitals and clinics.  On Monday it was the local clinic overnight with dear Agnes and then again during the day on Tuesday.  On Wednesday I took one of the boys back to the local clinic to get some wounds on his feet checked.  On Thursday it was one of the government hospitals in town with a boy with an ongoing problem...I understood it was something to do with his belly button....but one of the other boys informed me, ''No, it's further down''.  I will leave the rest to your imagination! Bless this poor teenage boy!  When instructed by the staff to go into the scan room - that is, behind the curtain - I politely declined, the poor boy would have been mortified! This was followed by a trip to the local clinic with the one of the boys who was having some kind of fungal infection on his skin.  On Friday we went with Fred to The Surgery...this was followed by another trip to the local clinic with one  of the girls who had malaria nd a UTI.  Amidst this I have taught the P6/7 daycare children a little, have fellowshipped with the children in the evenings, have caught up with my lovely Ugandan friend, Jenny, and have enjoyed swimming with the children.

I thank the Lord for sustaining me and giving me his 'power' to help me do a little bit of his work.
Thanks again for all your paryers, messages and love xxxx 
Patricia and Ibra - feeling chilly after swimming!



Sparky at the boys home

Dear Henry x
As ever, apologies for typos and spelling mistakes....typing quickly before power goes off again!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely to see everyone enjoying the swimming before going back to school.lol XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant blog teacher Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear about it all Ruthie - how I wish I could be with you but know I very much am in spirit. Sending so much love to you and everyone that side! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time perhaps ❤ will pass on love 💗

      Delete
  4. What a busy time you are having! And I thought my week was busy, that is very impressive time management! I hope all the hospital visits went well, it's a good job one of the boy's corrected you about the 'belly button' problem! Life is full of endless variety! Lovely to see the photos of the children relaxing and having funning swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How busy you are Ruth! It is lovely to hear of all that you are doing and to see and hear of the children. So nice to be able to pray specifically too. Maybe a career in nursing beckons when you are back in Scotland?!!!! You certainly seem to be getting lots of experience!! Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Diane. Much appreciated. Nursing...definitely not...bodily fluids turn my stomach every time! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete