Saturday 25 February 2017

Another week...another update...



So it has been another busy week since I last blogged...but all is well.  Thank you once again for your prayers, messages and love.
Fred’s situation is becoming ever more complicated.  He is currently in hospital and possibly will be for some time.  The situation is pretty dire.  Please pray for wisdom and understanding for the doctors and a willingness to work with previous doctors that have been involved with Fred.  Please pray for protection over Fred – his maama is currently seeking help on his behalf and is visiting the local witch doctor.  There is some very dark stuff going on. Please pray for Fred – that God would break all the chains that currently have a hold on his life.

I was able to spend two afternoons this week in the slums.  As I have mentioned before I love the work in the slums.  Is always a blessing to spend time with these precious children.  It always amazes me how polite and lovely some of these kids can be.  It is so humbling when they thank you for the food and ask God to bless you for what you have done for them. Despite how dire some of these children’s circumstances are...we always manage to have a good laugh, which is such a blessing!  This week one of the children told me I was walking like a crocodile! This caused much hilarity.  When I asked him what he meant he said it was because I was walking so slowly.  I think he meant a tortoise!  The reason I was walking like this was because there was a young man with a horrendous foot injury that I was assisting.  His injured foot was double the size of the other one and was somewhat of a mess, after being run over by a car.  Whilst I feel somewhat under qualified to deal with these injuries, it is a blessing to at least be able to show them some love.  When the kids in the slums call me ‘doctor’, I assure them that I am not a doctor, I am a teacher and that I am simply trying!    
You may remember in one of my early blog posts I talked about a young girl called Agnes.  I spent the night in the clinic with her during the early part of my trip.  Agnes is now back at boarding school.  I went to visit her this week.  It was such a blessing.  Her smile and hug upon my arrival was so beautiful.  She is doing well.  Thank you for your prayers. 


I have been continuing to enjoy fellowship with the kids in the evenings.  On Thursday evening I was fellowshipping with the girls and I shared the song – ‘I have a maker’ (don’t worry, I didn’t sing – I played it on my laptop!) Several of the kids asked if I would write out the lyrics of this song for them.  I popped in briefly today to drop off the ‘words’.  As we drove away on the boda we could hear the girls singing away and practising in the compound – it was a very sweet moment!
This morning I popped to the safe house to spend some time with them, as it was little Ibra’s 3rd birthday today.  Ibra stays at the safe house with the other young mum’s, but his maama has not been around for some time, I have never met his maama.  However, when I arrived this morning I was overjoyed to hear that his maama had returned to the safe house last night.  I don’t know the situation or the story, but it was lovely for this little three year old that his maama was by his side today. 

This afternoon I caught up with my best friend’s sponsor boy, Moses.  He has just left school and is feeling somewhat stressed and overwhelmed about what lies ahead.  Please pray for peace and guidance. 

I visited my ‘friends’ at the local clinic again this week.  Once for a sick teacher (malaria and typhoid) and once with a sick baby (flu and malaria).  I praise God that both of these patients are now recovering and I am thankful that I have stayed healthy and well so far. 
I hope all is well with you my friends back home.  I thank you again for your love, support and prayers. 
Lots of love x
P.S. I just remembered a funny moment from the week that is too good not to share.  So, when I was teaching the P6s on Wednesday morning one of the boys, Michael, announced that when he was older he wanted to be the president of Scotland!  I explained that we did not have a president, to which he replied that he would be the first! His friend, John then said he would like to be the King of Scotland.  I again explained that we did not have a King in Scotland.  To which he also replied that he would be the first! 
Micahel's 'serious' face?! The future president?!

John - the future King of Scotland




6 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear all your news and see the photos after your week without wifi. Lots of love and prayers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clairey x love you all ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear stories and see photos.love and prayers XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good as usual 'Doctor' Ruth.

    ReplyDelete