Saturday 28 October 2017

Latest update from Ruth - 25th October

Things have been busy as always but all is well. I can't thank you all enough for your prayers, love and support.
Thank you for praying for Zalika, our school refuser. She is now back in class. Am trying to do what I can to support and encourage her...but the p5 syllabus is beyond me...this week we were learning about bacterial and yeast reproduction! I hope I can encourage her with prayers, hugs and love.
Some of our daycare children lost their father this past week. It is a tragic story. Their dad had been in prison these last five years, unjustly so I believe. He had only been released for a matter of weeks and then he was killed in a road accident....he didn't even make it home to see his family. Some things we can't understand and sometimes we just need to sit and cry with others. This is exactly what I did. Please pray for maama Sarah and her five beautiful children.
Normally when our kids are sick I take them to private clinics/hospitals....but last week I took one of our boys to a government hospital. The situation here is so sad. There are literally people lying there dying because they can't afford treatment. And then the hospital has the cheek to take the dead body and charge the family to release it from the mortuary for burial. I know we complain about the NHS but we really are so blessed.
One of our boys this week was sent home from boarding school super sick...measles, pneumonia and malaria. When I found him he was convulsing and I had to send boys to run and get a Boda so we could rush him to clinic. He has now been discharged and is recovering slowly. I do not cope well in crisis situations but I thank God he took care of us.
Whilst this all seems very serious, every day the children make me laugh and smile....in addition to driving me to despair! There certainly is a time to laugh and a time to cry!
Some funny moments from this past week...
One day I arrived at boys home and found one of our boys, Meddie, not in school. I asked him if he was sick. He said no. I asked him if he had been sent home because of fees (which is a huge problem just now). He said no. He then took of the beanie hat he was wearing and I couldn't stop laughing. He had gone to get his head shaved the previous night and the power had gone off....so he had the most interesting of hair cuts I have ever seen!
The girls at girls home continue to teach me Luganda and laugh at me. I am never sure whether they are teaching me inappropriate phrases or not....but we always laugh together! This week they were teaching me to say...'Don’t touch my bottom!' I hope I will never have to use this phrase!
Thanks once again for all your love and prayers and support....and for reading this, I hope I didn't bore you. Love Ruth xxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment